Tuesday, September 18, 2007

23 Things Items 2 &3

I recently was hired as a Library Associate in the Children's Services department at Glenwood Library. As part of my development, my colleagues here have recommended that I start the "23 things" exercises as a fun way to improve my internet savvy. This post should count for thing number 3... wish me luck!

On the 71/2 Habits of Life Long Learners:
Exercise number 2 involves my commentary on life long learning, after going through an online presentation on that subject. It was pretty straightforward...and talked about things you should be doing as a life long learner.

Habit 1: Begin with the end in mind

Habit 2: Accept responsibility for your own learning

Habit 3: View problems as challenges

Habit 4: Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner

Habit 5: Create your own learning toolbox

Habit 6: Use technology to your advantage

Habit 7: Teach/mentor others

Habit 7 ½: Play


I have always valued my education... so I'd say accepting responsibility for my education has been an easy habit to keep, because it was instilled at an early age that nothing is more important than a quality education.

My most difficult one to keep is habit 3. I have a tendency to stress when things don't go as anticipated. I have a hard time dealing with setbacks, and I should strive to re-evaluate and take in lessons, instead of being hard on myself and the people around me.

No comments: