Tuesday, September 18, 2007

23 Things - Item 5 (Flickr) and TuDiabetes

This picture of my daughter is on Flickr - an image sharing site, which I am sure most of you have heard of. I'm still kinda new to that thing. I belong to a Ning community called TuDiabetes.... think myspace on insulin. They had a photo activity to post a picture of you or the diabetic you love with a word that describes what diabetes means to you.
Check out the link here:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/tudiabetes/pool/

Some are done in photoshop (like mine) and some are done in henna, sharpie, or whatever the artist has handy.
I chose the word "growing" for lots of reasons...from the description:
"We've grown so much this year, in so many ways. Strength, intelligence, understanding, compassion. We're still growing in regards to diabetes, even faster than our insulin requirement. The number of people we know with this disease is growing even faster!"

When I think about all I've had to learn in the last 4 months of her condition, it's scary - and for Julia it will necessitate lifelong learning...until a cure is found that is ;)

No comments: