Sunday, September 23, 2007

Camera Blues

I MISS MY CAMERA!

The last video & pictures I took with my digital all-in-one video/still camera are officially one month old today.
Shortly after this picture of Katie was taken, we made a very enjoyable trip to Rehoboth Beach.
Upon arriving home my husband shook out the beach bag, and ended up shaking out our camera down our brick steps. It never "woke up".

When my husband bought the camera at Christmas, I was skeptical... would I use it? Would I find it too difficult to use all the features.
8 months later, I found myself a regular YouTuber, and shooting more video of my kids than ever before. I carried my camera everywhere, and was constantly coming up with ideas for movies I wanted to make. It became my major creative outlet. I was attached emotionally, and even one month after it's destruction I feel constant urges to go record Julia's latest puppet shows and silly dances, or Katie's new words and latest meal mess.

And here's the kicker - Fuji doesn't even make my camera any longer. So now I am forced once again to upgrade...ah ever the lifelong learner. Until I can afford to buy my next media capture device, my YouTube life is pretty much on hold. My collaborative video that I once had in the works indefinitely posponed, due to the fact that my former video camera is a dinosaur (even though when I bought it in 2002 it seemed okay?), and my computer is not stable enough to edit with that firewire port (I had an XD card in my Fuji).

I miss my digital camera.
May it rest in pieces. (Thing #7)

No comments: