Thursday, September 27, 2007

Uncyclopedia


Best definition of a Librarian ever.
Found this on another library's unofficial wiki. Had to post!
I knew about wiki's, and I used them frequently to confirm suspicions, and gather information. I have never submitted anything in a wiki before, though I am sure I am going to as I progress. And look Thing 17 has me doing just that.
Libraries definitely have a use for these things...Wouldn't it be neat to plan programs through a wiki, or post staff book & website recommendations, or "readers advisories" to use a library speak I am just beginning to understand.
I posted my blog on the MD Library Sandbox wiki. Pretty painless... my first edit of a wiki ever, and I managed not to mess anything up. I also created a new wiki page for my own enjoyment The Harry Potter Epilogue. I must admit I am a fan of the series, despite the hype (and so is my daughter). Here's a video of Julia & I on a Harry Potter adventure:

The Wiki-Sandbox was fun to play with... a bit more scary in the real wiki-world.
For the record I must be a mutant librarian as I do not own a cat, or glasses, nor am I afraid of technology replacing me. However I am afraid of being bludgeoned by a copy of the Oxford English Dictionary (OED). Thanks for my new nightmare!

No comments: